Monday, January 31, 2011

Slow Carb Spaghetti


As you can tell by the picture, there is no actual spaghetti in this dish.  Sorry if i tricked you with the name.  I didn't find any magical loop hole to allow pasta into the slow carb diet. I looked. I failed.  Instead my goal here is to present a quick easy meal you might happily throw out your spaghetti for.
Ingredients
  • 2 large chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
  • 1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
  • 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 teaspoon marjoram
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 cups baby spinach or assorted lettuce per person
Directions
Bake, cook, or grill chicken breast until no longer pink in center. Set aside and let chicken cool to room temperature. In medium pan combine crushed tomatoes, black beans, marjoram and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Stir and bring to light simmer on medium low heat. Shred cooled chicken and add to beans and tomatoes. Stir till chicken absorbs most sauce. Remove from heat and serve on top of spinach.

Notes
  1. Taylor Farms Organic Baby Spring Mix was the salad used in the photo.
  2. Do not puncture the outside of the chicken while waiting for it to cool. Cooling with the skin intact preserves the juices.
  3. George Forman Grill was used to cook chicken.

*photos by m.hirko 



2 comments:

  1. Um, you just broke my heart. I WAS SO EXCITED FOR NOODLES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha, I really am working on it. I need to find a Chinese supermarket, i hear they have magic beans there.

    ReplyDelete