Saturday, January 29, 2011

Flax Eggs w/ Brewer Yeast

9:30.  Breakfast. Meal 1.  Do NOT try this at home.  The Goal here was to create a simple high-protein breakfast to kick off the day the right way.  I love eggs, and flax adds nothing to taste.  Brewers Yeast is a Super Food which packs 16g of protein and 116 calories in two tablespoons.  Within it's vitamin-packed properties is a heavy dose of chromium which diabetics use to lower glucose.  Perfect for keeping everything in check on a day where I'll be binging on glutens like bread and pasta.

Yes it is as disgusting as it looks.



To be honest the yeast gave it a sort of nutty taste (Ref: Austin Powers) and the texture of sawdust.   So as you can see, i turned to my buddy Ketchup (Hunts Natural with zero HFCS...erm...sorry it's called "corn sugar" now, don't get me started).  I was able to choke down about 3/4 of my meal and had to discard the rest. Regardless, I accomplished the goal of consuming around 30g of protein within 30 minutes of waking.  I followed this with a large mug of coffee with a Tbsp of Half and Half and a Tbsp of sugar.   

Meal: 3 whole eggs*, 1tbsp ground flax seed, 2tbsp.
Recommendation: Eggs, Flax, Spinach, Black Beans, Medium Salsa   


*Recent evidence shows that the cholesterol we eat does not correspond to the cholesterol in our bloodstream. Yolks are packed with nutrition and they are delicious.  So I eat every single one.  I know this is going against convention, and you're probibly screaming "NO WAY!!!" at me but you know what they say: "hater's gunna hate."

part of The Structured Cheat Day
Click for More Better Recipes!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment