Sunday, January 30, 2011

The LipSmacker


Normally I do not order Hamburgers when I go out to eat.  They are one of those things that I feel I can make cheaper and better at home.  In fact I was reluctant to stray from my normal order at one of my favorite restaurants.
Monks Bar and Grill has everything: Sandwiches, Hamburgers, Salad, Pizzas, even Funnel Cakes. Their star in my eyes has always been the pizza.  The recipe is just so far superior to any other pizza in existence, from the taste and texture of the crust, to the signature sauces they use to the quality toppings they put on top.  But alas, my curiosity got the best of me.  Since I began visiting Monks, everyone has raved of the Lip Smacker.  The Description starts out simple enough: A 1/2lb burger topped with cheddar cheese and bacon, then it hits you, "with peanut butter on a kaiser roll."  Peanut butter?!  I'm assuming you have reservations about putting peanut butter on an already awesome sounding burger. I did too, I assure you, they are unwarranted.

This is the most sinfully delicious meal I have ever eaten.  Yes those ARE deep fried sweet potato fries next to my fat/carb overload hamburger.  This meal belongs on "This is Why You're Fat," the ability to eat this meal is worth a week of no frills, hardcore dieting.  I would fast for a month if it's what I had to do to deserve a meal like this again.  It's THAT good.

The lesson of the day: If you ever see a menu featuring a peanut butter hamburger, and you know (not just feel like) you deserve it. Indulge, enjoy, then get back on track. See you next cheat day, Lip Smacker!

part of The Structured Cheat Day

No comments:

Post a Comment